Following Mail was sent on 3-April-2006.
Form of application for seeking information
(For official use)
The Competent Authority,
Central Public Information Officer,
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
1. Name of the Applicant : Navendu Shirali
2. Address : C/o Yamuna Naik,1001, 5th Cross, Ashok
3. Particulars of information.
(a) Concerned department : Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
(b) Particulars of information required :
Whether Fashion Television program ”Midnight Hot"; a semi nude photography program; broadcasted daily between 9-10 pm. (Prime Time) is justifiable by the Ministry of Broadcasting & Information..
i. Details of information required :
Is the program content a breach of the CABLE TELEVISION NETWORKS RULES, (Reference to NOTIFICATION on 29TH SEPTEMBER, 1994) which states:
6. Programme Code. – (1) No programme should be carried in the cable service which:-
(d) Contains anything obscene, defamatory, deliberate, false and suggestive innuendos and half truths;
(k) denigrates women through the depiction in any manner of the figure of a woman, her form or body or any part thereof in such a way as to have the effect of being indecent, or derogatory to women, or is likely to deprave, corrupt or injure the public morality or morals ;
(l) denigrates children;
(5) Programmes unsuitable for children must not be carried in the cable service at times when the largest numbers of children are viewing.
ii. Period for which information
asked for : FY 2006
iii. Other details : Schedule of Program Content of FTV
allowed under the act
4. I state that the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in the Right to Information Act,2005 and to the best of my knowledge it pertains to your office.
5. A fee of Rs.10 has been deposited in the office of the Competent authority inform of Demand Draft No. “839761” towards Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
Vide No______ dated_________.
Place : .Bangalore
Date : 3-April-2006.
Signature of Applicant
Note :- (i) Reasonable assistance can be provided by the competent authority in filling up the Form A.
(ii) Please ensure that the Form A is complete in all respect and there is no ambiguity in providing the details of information required.